Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB67 waist level finder broken Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya RB67 waist level finder broken « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dagfinn
Tinkerer
Username: Dagfinn

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 07:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The three tiny screws that keep the back plates of my waist level finder together have come off for some reason, and have disappeared, and the thin metal band which is supposed to sit on the inside and keep the screws in place has come loose. Now the finder is basically useless unless I glue it shut in the unfolded position. Where can I get hold of replacement screws? Thanks!

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 513

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Find your local camera repair man/shop and explain your problem. You might find they have something that will do the job, they may even let you rummage through the scrap bin for something suitable. I have a large assortment of odds and ends that I acquired from my local repair firm, for the price of a couple of pints! Whilst it was just a box of scrap that had been stripped of any useful parts to them, I have found it to be an endless source of undamaged springs, screws and small cosmetic parts. I do not know the exact size of the screws you require, but I have used Canon A Series top/bottom plate screws in repairs on other makes of photographic equipment. Your local repair firm may even have some scrap RB67 bits, stranger things have happened.

Dagfinn
Tinkerer
Username: Dagfinn

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration