Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta x-700 problems:-( please help... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Minolta x-700 problems:-( please help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Funkthewar
Tinkerer
Username: Funkthewar

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So i was in Dc taking pictures and my camera died in the middle of taking a picture. So the shutter is closed. I bought a new pair of batteries,Now the camera turns on for about 10 seconds then does nothing,the shutter is stuck and wont move. i press the button and nothing and the lever to wind to the next picure is stuck and wont move. i only know how to take the pictures and not fix the camera any suggestions as to what i can do?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 793

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever is stuck because the shutter is already wound, it's done its job. A common cause of shutter failure in Minolta X-370 and X-700 is a failed capacitor. This can be replaced, if you want to send the camera in to a repair service. There is a directory of repair services at www.acecam.com

Funkthewar
Tinkerer
Username: Funkthewar

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ahh!!!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!! i guess im gonna have to spend money to get it fixed. if i didnt love my camera so much i would sell it. thanks man appreciate it

Markklitsch
Tinkerer
Username: Markklitsch

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look in the viewfinder to see if the led's light up when you press the release button. if they come on then more than likely its the capacitors. send it to a repair shop. good people at thecameracure.com

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 43

Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently had my X-700 CLAd by Garry's Camera and it's like new. This is about the 2-3 camera hes worked on for me and all have come out beautifully. Google Garry's Camera - his prices are very reasonalble, around $42 for the X-700. I believe there are two capacitors in the X-700 that need replacing, one under the base plate and one, unfortunately, under the top plate. You also need to be careful if you remove the film advance lever. There's a spring under it that could give you a problem getting it back in place properly. Check with Garry, you won't be sorry.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration