Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

RB67 not completly releasing shutter.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » RB67 not completly releasing shutter.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phreon
Tinkerer
Username: Phreon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an RB67 that doesn't trip the shutter reliably during the "firing" sequence. Even though it takes very little force to trip the shutter on my 90mm manually, it seems that the body is not able to finish the job. The baffle door doesn't seem to retract completely; a tiny touch with a finger to push it into place completes the process. Are the springs possibly weak on this old girl or is a CLA is otherwise in order?

I'm quite mechanically inclined, but without a service manual, I'm not going to attempt disassembling this beast.

Thanks,

Phreon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phreon
Tinkerer
Username: Phreon

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I'm impatient, so I examined the RB for a while and figured the bottom panel is the best place to start. Lo and behold, the main spring that drives the '67 is in there. I tightened the spring up by bringing it around the drive shaft 2 extra turns. Now the RB' fires with a decisive cli-thunk-chick! I'm sure the rest of the mechanism could use a cleaning, which I'll give it soon.

Thanks,

Phreon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration