Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Copal sv shutter cocking mechanism as... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Copal sv shutter cocking mechanism assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Walkersj
Tinkerer
Username: Walkersj

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 04:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a Yashica Lynx 1000 which had sticky aperture blades. I've fixed that but now I've gone and broken the cocking mechanism in the shutter, by checking it without putting those little C clips back on the shaft, (I could do with a couple of those on account of they cracked which is why I didn't replace them). It jumped forward and pulled the rivetted catch off the bottom of the cam inside. Now I can probably rivet it back but, how is the little spring that operates the catch arranged, and how does one wing up that large spring around the cocking shaft?

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 53

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a couple of pictures of an SVA shutter. It may be close enough for you to see how the shutter release spring fits in. Start with the spring located in the notch on the cam, than as you push it down, pull the other down. Then position the end under the post.
There's also a view of some of the latches, are any of those the catch that you are referring to?

Nickon51
Tinkerer

Post Number: 54

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the pix
Spring
Seated
latches

Walkersj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter in your pics looks very similar. It does show the catch, (and the little copper spring that went on the flash contact which I also dislodged!). I think I can see how the catch spring goes. It looks like you have to remove the other part off that threaded post to wind the big black spring up then?

Nickon51
Tinkerer

Post Number: 55

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you will have to remove the silver pointed latch and spring (to the right in the last photo). Also, I found that it was easier to take the parts off the threaded stud. Better than strugging against the spring tension to get the end seated down past the plate on the bottom of the stud.
Heres a better view of the parts mounted on that stud.

Stud Parts

Walkersj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your clear pictures. I've managed to get the cocking mechanism back together, albeit a bit scratched and the screws a little mangled. Oh, well if I did another one I'd make a better job of it. Now for the rest of it, and I hope it works eventually!

Nickon51
Tinkerer

Post Number: 56

Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 09:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're Welcome. Good luck with putting the rest back together.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration