Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya/Sekor 500 DTL closed mirror. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya/Sekor 500 DTL closed mirror. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Skylinedecay
Tinkerer
Username: Skylinedecay

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know much about this camera, but I noticed that the mirror inside will not stay down.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3297/3316549529_0f2a3419cf.jpg

Can anyone help me out?

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 125

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sticky foam? This was a problem with the DTLs I've owned. All of them needed refoaming. Try gently pulling the mirror down after firing and winding the shutter. if it comes down, but then sticks in the up position after the next shot, I think that's probably the issue.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 14

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem is probably a spring that breaks at the side of the mirror box. The box MUST come out of the body to replace spring and this is one job I hated when I was doing many 500 and 1000 Mamiyas! Unless you are an experienced camera repairman, don't even try it if you value your sanity.

Skylinedecay
Tinkerer
Username: Skylinedecay

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How much do you think it would cost to bring it in for repair?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration