Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Contaflex IV Shutter Release St... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Zeiss Contaflex IV Shutter Release Sticking « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rollei35guy
Tinkerer
Username: Rollei35guy

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Contaflex IV that sticks partway through the release cycle.

I have the camera apart and can see nothing sticking. On the back side of the lens mount there is a ring with teeth, a gear and a gear/spring tensioning device (escapement?) .

If I remove the tensioner/escapement the ring, when wound and shutter cocked, it will release just fine. With it in the release sticks about the place where the shutter is triggered.

The shutter blades open and close with out sticking and the diaphragm closes without sticking.

Any suggestions? I've tried cleaning and refreshing the lube to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration