Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

HiMatic RF adjust Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » HiMatic RF adjust « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bvandrasik
Tinkerer
Username: Bvandrasik

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking for some guidance on adjusting the RF of a Minolta HiMatic 7S. I took the top cover off to clean the internal glass, also removed the beam-splitter while cleaning to be sure I didn't accidentally damage the surface. On re-assembly, the vertical alignment appears to be way off. Did I mention this is my first attempted camera repair? (although I do have experience in clock repair)

Thanks!

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 58

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It shouldn't be "way" off. Some error is to be expected. I guess you have checked that it's up the right way?

Here is a picture of the rangefinder. From memory the screws that you can see behind the first mirror, set the vertical alignment.

Minolta 7s upper deck

Bvandrasik
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 04:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "first mirror", do you mean the one on the right (not the beam splitter) ?

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 59

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes that is the mirror that I was referring to.
I've taken a rangefinder out of a camera. I'm not sure now that the screws behind the first mirror are the right ones. I'll have another look at it tomorrow.

Bvandrasik
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 04:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I figured this out. Forgive me if I do not use the proper part names, I'm new at this. There are 3 screws attaching the frame that supports the front element of the straight light path to the rangefinder assembly. I adjusted the outer 2 screws in equal amounts to bring the images into vertical alignment.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration