Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon T-50 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon T-50 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 50

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a really nice T-50 which will not trip the shutter. The "P" light comes on in the viewfinder but the shutter won't trip. I'm assuming that a release magnet needs cleaning or something like that. I've had the bottom off but cannot seem to locate the magnet to check it out. Is it under the top cover?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 831

Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never looked in a T50, but they are usually in the bottom.

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 112

Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no solenoid to be seen either beneath the top-plate or the baseplate. However - the solenoid factor was just your speculation and I suggest another possible cause. The shutter release button compresses three leaf contacts. So you have four contact areas for contamination. I suggest you remove the top-plate. Place some narrow strips of photocopy paper between the contacts; use your finger as the shutter-release button thereby compressing the contacts and then withdraw the paper strips whereby to clean the contact areas. Do it several times. This worked for me on what appeared a dead T50.

Good luck.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 20

Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no doubt repaired several hundred T-50's and almost everyone of them had a cocking and re-cycling problem which can be solved under the bottom plate. Try a couple drops of lighter fluid and a block of wood to help it decide to re-cycle!! I've also had a few that had major corrosion under the top......right above the battery well area. Art @ www.flcamerarepair.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration