Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Gossen Luna Pro SBC Disassembly? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Gossen Luna Pro SBC Disassembly? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zimpff
Tinkerer
Username: Zimpff

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello and thank you for your time already...

the battery wire on my luna pro sbc came off and i want to solder it back on, however i don't know how to disassemble the meter. it i built like a clamshell. has anyone done this and could give me a lead?

thanks in advance.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 529

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carefully remove the alloy data plate from the back of the meter - it is glued on, then remove the four screws that are revealed and split the case. Do not loose the incident light dome, or the small piece of glass that covers the cell.

Note:- If you log onto Gossen's German web site, you will find a section that allows you to order certain spares for older meters. These spares are supplied free of charge. Most importantly for the DIY person, the list includes the data plate and the small alloy disk in the center of the 'computer' dial - this hides the pin holes to remove centre screw.

Zimpff
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 08:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you glen. i got that for though not sure how to "split" the case. do i need to remove the dial in the front in order to so that or does it just pull apart using some minor force?

Glenn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 530

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From memory you just need to gently 'force' the case halves apart, as in the Lunasix 3 and F series. I must state that in ALL my Gossen repairs I had already removed the dials, in order to polish out scratches and clean out dirt. The names of Gossen meters are different in Europe so I could be mistaken, but I have dismantled all of the Pro meters made by Gossen without any problems. So I suggest you remove the dials just in case the potentiometer is held on the front half by fastenings under the dial. Use a needle to lift out the coloured disc, then unscrew the fastener.

I cannot recall anything strange about my ProfiSix (Pro SBC in US), but it is a long time since I serviced my eBay sourced one and the little grey cells may be a bit sluggish these days!

Zimpff
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks glen -- you were right, in fact the potentiometer is soldered onto the main board in the back, so removing the dials is essential, as the halves don.t come apart otherwise :-)

thanks for the tip!

Budrichard
Tinkerer
Username: Budrichard

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Luna Pro that I need to clean the 'dust bunnies' from the various front windows. To remove the rotating plastic dial do I lift the center piece with the sun/moon symbol gently and then how do I put it all back together? Thanks for any replies.-Dick

Glenn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 581

Posted on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dick,

You may be able to remove the screw without removing the alloy centre - use a rubber friction bung to rotate the assembly. I always remove the alloy centre with a fine pin, before unscrewing - If you find the screw difficult to remove, use a 1mm drill in a pin vice and drill two holes in the head to take a pin driver (dividers or ?). In fact I always do this mod before unscrewing.

The pieces of the dial can then be lifted off and cleaned - use a metal polish to remove any scratches in the transparent piece.

Note:- If you go to the Gossen site,

http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/foto_service.html

click on Photography and then Repairs/Downloads and finally Small Parts. Fill in the request form and the firm will send you various small items completely free of charge. Parts such as battery doors, alloy rear data plate, centre plate or case screws can be obtained this way.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration