Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex SL35 CLA and meter adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Rolleiflex SL35 CLA and meter adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Maajka
Tinkerer
Username: Maajka

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I'm taking a photography class so I got myself a Rolleiflex SL35. Good old German engineering (made in sinapore) :-)

The camera is in great condition but it seems that it would need a CLA. I also noticed that the meter is off but I'm not sure how much, at least one stop.
Where could I get this done and how much should I expect to spend on it?

Also, is adjusting the meter something I could do myself, I do have some electro-technical knowledge and a broken SL35 for parts.

Thanks in advance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 116

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Maajka .. "Good old German Engineering" usually means a long and complex route to achievement of s simplistic objective. Recognition of this fact was how the Japanese crippled the German camera industry. Their cameras usually have less than half the number of components - and work better and more reliably. Sad but true. You picked a real "dog" for your learning-curve and would find the cost of a professional servicing, economically unacceptable.

I suggest if the camera is working OK, forget the CLA. Use it and adjust the ASA to compensate for the metering error.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration