Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leica M2 Body Won't Focus To Infinity... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Leica M2 Body Won't Focus To Infinity « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

_nathan
Tinkerer
Username: _nathan

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.

I have a Leica M2 that I acquired recently and I tried to take it out to shoot with today. The camera appeared to be functioning well when purchased but when I mounted my 90mm Elmarit I realized the camera would not focus to infinity. Both the horizontal and vertical alignment of the rangefinder is perfect. When I removed the lens and pressed the coupling mechanism into the body I was able to focus it to infinity. So I tried mounting my 35mm and 50mm lenses as well and the same thing occurred. Do I simply need to adjust the arm that engages with the lenses or does the problem run deeper then that?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 26

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sir: I'm not sure what you have!! You say the RF is perfect.....does that mean that when you rack the lens to inf. the RF is one image or is it not "right on" until you push the lens into the body> Help me out here.

_nathan
Tinkerer
Username: _nathan

Post Number: 28

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bossman.

I figured the problem out and adjusted the unit per the following link; http://leica.nemeng.com/034b.shtml. The horizontal and vertical alignment of the rangefinder is now perfect at 1m, 10m, and infinity. That should do the trick but we shall see what turns up in the developer.

Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration