Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE2 "repair" Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon FE2 "repair" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobar57
Tinkerer
Username: Bobar57

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I purchased an almost mint black Nikon FE2 SLR in the auction site.Well, the foam need to be replaced and I'm too nervous to do it myself,I prefer to pay someone to do it professionally.There is also some really minor scratches on the bottom plate and on the base of the lens mount,to call it that way,where it meets the bottom plate,you might know exactly where it is.I will rather have the bottom plate replaced by a new one.Now,I have a source to find a new bottom plate,my ignorant question is: Is there anything to worry about removing the bottom plate beside the two small Phillips head screws? Is not,I can do it myself,yeah right,proud of that :-).
Any particular place where I should send the camera for the foam replacement? Preferably someplace where they do a good work and is reasonable priced.
Thanks in advance,
A truly newbie here,

Bob

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 31

Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob: Nothing to worry about in taking off the bottom plate. I can do the foam and seals for you (have done thousands) and will only charge you about 30.00 + 7.50 to reship. Deal? Art @ www.flcamerarepair.com

Bobar57
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deal Bossman,I have bookmarked your website.I'll contact you here when I have got the new bottom plate and changed it,then we will arrange how to do things.I live in Miami Beach by the way,so we're in the same state ;).

Bobar57
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Art,damn,I believe I received an email from you.I requested if you had that bottom plate.LOL.

Bobar57
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bossman,I just sent you an email. How much will cost you a new bottom plate for a Nikon FE2 black and its installation?
Thank you
Robert

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration