Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB67 film insert problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya RB67 film insert problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Edl
Tinkerer
Username: Edl

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just received a 120 insert for my RB67 and I think it might be busted.
With the insert out of the magazine and no film loaded, the frame indicator is on 9. Nothing I do will move it off of 9. When I mount the insert in a magazine and put it on the camera body I can wind the lever about one half stroke and then it jams, wont wind farther and wont return to its rest position. At this point the rotating adapter interlocks wont allow me to unlatch the magazine and the only way to get it off the body is to first remove the insert, then the camera will unlatch and the magazine itself can come off. Any ideas? If its an easy fix then I'll take care of it, otherwise it has to go back.

Thanks,

Ed

Epatsellis
Tinkerer
Username: Epatsellis

Post Number: 11

Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

check to make sure the foam isn't gummy and a piec is causing the lever to stick.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 141

Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that's correct, the small lever is on the top rim of the insert and is pushed in by the shell when the door is shut. As soon as the door is opened it resets the counter. If the gummy foam gets in there it will not allow the lever to pop up.

Edl
Tinkerer
Username: Edl

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Everything is clean and the lever moves. I'm guessing something inside, related to that lever, is broken.

Thanks for the help but I guess this one goes back...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration