Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FA - shutter repalcement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon FA - shutter repalcement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dirbel
Tinkerer
Username: Dirbel

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I need to replace the shutter curtains on a Nikon FA. I am thinking about getting another camera to swap the shutter curtains.
AKAIK the shutter curtains for the FA and the FM2 are the same. Are there other shutter curtains that could be used in the FA?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Sillyconguru
Tinkerer
Username: Sillyconguru

Post Number: 24

Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This might help somewhat:
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfeseries/fefmshared /honeycomb/blades.htm

Dirbel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 16

Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,

this link is new to me.

Dirk

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 115

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Replacing the individual components of that shutter will be something of a nightmare and best avoided. Since in any case you would have to pull the mirror-box in order to access the shutter, you would have already done 90% of the work needed to simply replace the entire shutter module with a known good module. That's the best solution unless you are a technical masochist.

Dirbel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 18

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too late,

I already disassembled the shutter module to try and straighten out the curtain, but its beyong repair.

Not too bad actually, the link from Sillyconguru shows the arrangement of the spacers and washers, and Rick Oleson has some notes on his CD, too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration