Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax me super door wont open Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Pentax me super door wont open « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cvfreak
Tinkerer
Username: Cvfreak

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently bought a pentax me super from a yard sale, I know (don't always trust other people) and I now realize the door won't open because the film rewinder has been taken out (i have that) could anyone tell me how to open it?

Dragunov
Tinkerer
Username: Dragunov

Post Number: 134

Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok.

take the bottom cover off. held in by two or three screws...
remove the bottom door hinge. held in by two screws.
take a small screwdriver and poke in the top door axle. it's spring loaded.

the door should be off on the hinge side... wriggle it free...

good luck!
Dragunov

Cvfreak
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took the bottom off, but I can't release the screws holding in the hinge. I tried using a hair dryer, to loosen them, but I've had no luck. I might take it to wolf camera to see what they can do. Thanks for all you help, though.

Dragunov
Tinkerer

Post Number: 135

Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

eh? that's strange...

try- putting some lighter fluid over the screws. it's a wonder solvent!
or beef up your screwdriver. wrap a rubber band around it to improve the grip...

good luck!

Cvfreak
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

gosh darnit,i got the screws undone with wd40 and now the hing thing won't go up. the top is blocking it from going out. i tried to take the top off, but i couldn't get the first top off. i'll try again later.

this was the guide http://www.mypentax.com/PentaxMeSuper.html

Dragunov
Tinkerer

Post Number: 137

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 08:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the top shouldn't block. you're pushing in the axle... you might need to find something thinner, but it should be accessible.

and where are you stuck on the top removal?

Cvfreak
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I was pushing from the bottom, sorry for my stupidity. I now have look all over google, but I have not found an answer to this question, I want to put the rewind shaft back in, but there is a little flange whos purpose is supposed to be holding the shaft in place. I cant get the iso selector off, and the flange wont budge. I cant believe this is doing this to me.

Dragunov
Tinkerer

Post Number: 138

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to put the shaft back, put it in the hole, put pressure on it and wriggle the end in a circular motion... I just worked this out on my parts body. (need any parts, by the by?)

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 43

Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You could have saved all of the above if you could have come up with a small J-shaped hook (slightly stiffer than a paper clip) and inserting it in the rewind well, you could have lifted up and opened the back door. I do it all the time.

Cvfreak
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for all of your help and patience Dragunov. I got the shaft in without too much trouble, and I'm happy to say that its time to test my 15$ camera. What was funny, I thought, the guy that sold me it had the same price for a completely fine Canon Rebel 2000, 2 lenses for it, and another camera bag for the same price as the pentax with one lens and a cheaper bag. Maybe sentimental value. I am almost sorry to say I don't need any parts, but if I ever do, I'll make sure to get them from you. Thank you for your tip too Bossman.

Dragunov
Tinkerer

Post Number: 139

Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

we're here to help. :-)

Bossman is right... didn't know that one!
cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration