Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus om-1 problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Olympus om-1 problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joelhall
Tinkerer
Username: Joelhall

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 05:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi there, im new to the forums, which i stumbled across trying to find an answer to this:

on my om-1 the film advance lever is stuck. while it will move through part of its motion, as soon as it takes tension from inside it is clear it is jammed solid.

ive tried tinkering with the self-timer(which sort of fizzles out before it completes its action),opening the film compartment, generally fiddling on the outside, etc, but to no avail.

the mirror is down and the mirror lock works fine. cosmetically, it is in excellent condition. it has been test fired film-free and worked fine. i did one test shot film-free perfectly before it jammed (as first the shutter button was stuck down though this morning it shot back up after i tried pressing it again).

does anyone have any ideas as to what would be causing this or how to rectify it?

thanks,

joel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 844

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One possibility that comes to mind is a little screw in the middle of a gear in the wind system, in the bottom under the baseplate. If this screw comes loose, the gear comes out of mesh and the wind system jams. Not a common problem, but I've encountered it twice.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration