Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F-1 N dissassy Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon F-1 N dissassy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bernhard_prins
Tinkerer
Username: Bernhard_prins

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
yesterday I bought a Canon F-1 N, it's in a fairly good condition but I want to open the top halves for CLA purposes, but I can't find a way to remove the speed-dial and the small film return release button (R) ...at least without damaging it.
Does anybody know what tool to use?

Kind regards,
Bernhard Prins,
HollandF-1 N speed dial and R button removal

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer
Username: Fiftyfifty

Post Number: 34

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 01:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Bernhard
The small disk in the center of the speed-dial is glued down and has to come off, there is a screw under it.
Hope this helps.
Doug

Bernhard_prins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Doug,
thanks for your advice, it worked well.
But something else happened. while removing the filmtransport and asa-dial the inner shaft dropped ( or maybe I pushed it?) into the camera while the back was closed
It sticks and I can't get it out whatsoever Do you know what the reason might be? I know that I have to push the silver release button to pull it out, but nothing worked, even a bold screwed in on top to pull it out is not succesful....I cannot open the camera.. I also removed the bold in the bottom in order to push up the filmholder, it can turn round but cannot be pushed out..
Could you help me out?

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer

Post Number: 35

Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 02:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Bernhard
First do you need to open the camera now or will it wait until you have taken the left hand cover off.
If you need it open now and the shaft will not come up, it has to go in, push the silver button and release the shaft into the camera body. You will now need a small hook ( I use a paper clip bent at the end to form a hook ) you can then try to hook the release catch where the shaft used to be, it can be a bit fiddly but it works.
Hope that helps.
Doug

Bernhard_prins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 03:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Doug,
could you point out where to undo the release catch? Shaft will not go any further in the camera...(it can only turn round)

Bernhardshaft release

Bernhard_prins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doug, I already opened the back by a paper clip pushing the catch from the bottom side. Thanks for the advice. But the shaft is blocked and I think I have to disass the inner part in which it is obstructed.
Meanwhile the advance lever got stuck so there is more than one reason to open the camera It is wise for me to order a F-1N repair manual now, for this is serious trouble....
thanks,
Bernhard

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer

Post Number: 36

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Bernard
As regards your advance lever being stuck, first check that the shutter is not cocked, if you remove the bottom plate, on the rewind end there is a release magnet, if you can trip this the shutter should fire.
Doug

Bernhard_prins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doug,
I already tried this the other day and it fired then, but now the shutter got jammed halfway. Both curtains are half visible, closed.
When disassembling the shutter I found out later I lost the tiny ball bearing on top of the S,A&L switch. Maybe this little devil dropped in and causes the jam, but I'm not sure...anyway, could you recommend a good repair manual? There are several on Ebay... I noticed that free repair pdf manuals are not to be found anymore.
thanks,
Bernhard

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 57

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Christian Rollinger's web site canonfd.com has a good service guide for the F-1N. Unfortunately the site is temporarily down. Keep checking.

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer

Post Number: 37

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 02:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Bernhard
The only one I know is the Christian Rollinger site that Gez recommended. Christian`s site has been down for some time, but I believe it will be up and running again soon.
Doug

Bernhard_prins
Tinkerer

Post Number: 12

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 05:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Doug & Gez,
thanks for your replies.
I'll try to contact Mr. Rollinger and let's see what the results will be....

Bernhard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration