Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei XF 35 Rangefinder adjustment &... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Rollei XF 35 Rangefinder adjustment & things « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jimbob
Tinkerer
Username: Jimbob

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this has been covered before, but there has never really been a satisfactory answer.

I have successfully aligned my XF 35 both verticaly and horizontaly.

Horizontal alignment, as most people have found, is achieved by adjusting the flat-head screw under the leatherette covering below the viewfinder window.

Vertical alignment is adjusted using a similar method. A cross-head screw with a brass sleeve is located about an inch below the horizontal alignment screw. This needs to be loosened and then the brass sleeve (which has a notch to help with adjustment) needs to be rotated to correct alignment. (i found it easier to remove the screw altogether to make the adjustment)

Both these screws are hidden under small brass caps - and with the leatherette glue, can be almost impossible to see at first. You may have to scrape some glue off before they become visible, they simply pull off.

I hope this is of some help to people!

Does anyone know how to fix the frame counter? mine does not move...

Other than that, working fine.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jimbob
Tinkerer
Username: Jimbob

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frame counter fixed... just a bit gummed up.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration