Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica FX 2 - How to remove the shu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Praktica FX 2 - How to remove the shutter speed dial? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fexnah
Tinkerer
Username: Fexnah

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I'm trying to take this Praktica apart. I unscrewed everything I could to get the top cover off, but I can't get the shutter speed dial off. The small top dial comes off easily, but the rest doesn't, and I can't see any more screws.

Any help? Thanks.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 540

Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From the dim and distant past I seem to recall two small 'driver' slots, either side of the hole that the top dial fits into. Pretty sure this is correct as I have just found the standard screwdriver that I modified, by filing out the centre to form the two prongs.

Borley65
Tinkerer
Username: Borley65

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Fexnah.

I have just stripped mine down without any problems. And as Glenn said there is a screw driver slot or more correctly two notches either side of the centre small dial shaft. My speed dial had two small holes drilled either side of the shaft which allowed me to use a pin calliper to loosen the numbered ring. Also note that it unscrews clockwise.
Do you have any info on the shutter mechanism for these cameras, as mine are faulty and both fire together with no delay even when set to B.

Cheers
Shaun

Leesobing
Tinkerer
Username: Leesobing

Post Number: 33

Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/cekiw-041464/article?mid=2498&prev=3015&next=2432&l=f &fid=7
will help you ?

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 566

Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only if you want to replace the blinds.

Prasanna
Tinkerer
Username: Prasanna

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Shaun! I am new to this forum. Greetings! I have an FX, too. Your problem may be caused by the friction spring/brush that delays the second curtain in the Prakticas FX series to the Nova series [not the Nova I series]. The spring /brush is fixed to the wall to the left of the closing curtain spindle to the right of the film cassette chamber. There is a screw that one can adjust to change the friction reachable from the film cassette chamber. If this brush is missing then there will be no friction applied on the closing curtain and hence no gap for exposure between opening and closing curtains. I think that is your problem. If that spring is broken or lost you can rebuild it with a new screw and a brass or stainless steel strip to apply the friction. If you need more info/details please feel free to write me by email. I shall send you some pictures of this device. Regards, sp.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration