Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri 7S f/2.8 vs. Petri 7S II f/2.8 ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Petri 7S f/2.8 vs. Petri 7S II f/2.8 compatibility « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sauli_särkkä
Tinkerer
Username: Sauli_särkkä

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thinking of swapping the complete lens assembly from a newer Petri 7S II onto my Petri 7S to produce a "perfect" combination of camera, with a touch more black to go with the pink snake skin, for a more balanced look.

Does anyone have any idea as to the compatibility of these cameras? I'll probably just test it out to see how it goes, but in case someone could give me a heads up one way or another, that's be cool.

-Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sauli_särkkä
Tinkerer
Username: Sauli_särkkä

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now that I took a shot at recombination, it seems that it isn't possible right away.

I noticed that the Petri 7S II lens on a Petri 7S body will not focus to infinity, as it seems to get tight somewhere. The Petri 7S lens on the Petri 7S II body seems to be ok, including metering. Don't take this as "the law", but it seems that I'll have to stick with the original lens assembly on both, since I don't have spares on hand...or I'll look for a spares Petri 7S to get a donor lens assembly.

-Sale

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration