Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contflex 2 SLR Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Contflex 2 SLR « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan_warren
Tinkerer
Username: Dan_warren

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there just begging for help really, have aquired a nice contaflex very cheap, unfortunately through the lens I can see loose shutter blades, and the front part of the shutter seems to be "wobbly" like it has come apart.

I've had the compur apart on my agfa ventura twice to re-jig the blades, so I'm willing to have a go, trouble is I can't seem to get in.

So far I've got the lens/shutter removed from the body by taking out the 6 grub screws, but I cant figure out how to get the front element of the tessar or get the name plate off the syncho-compur..

Any help or advice chaps?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 854

Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only notes I have on this say to remove the set screws from the distance ring, then rotate it until you see another set of setscrews - remove these through the hole in the ring, then lift the ring off of the lens. Now you can unscrew the front element and take the front off the shutter. Once you have the speed cam off the front, my notes stop - I assume this was because it was just a normal shutter after that point, but it could be that this was where I encountered Dragons.

Connealy
Tinkerer
Username: Connealy

Post Number: 16

Posted on Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a diabolical design. Seeing those three tiny screws through the tiny holes is tough, but the screws are also very fragile and easily broken. The shutter, as Rick notes is pretty standard. The rest is not, but there is a very good thread here on cleaning up the aperture stop-down mechanism.

Dan_warren
Tinkerer
Username: Dan_warren

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick you are a legend! thanks.

The front element came off fine once I knew the secret. Underneath it all came apart as expected.

I got the shutter blades refitted fine by removing the layers of cams, washers and at the back of the lens, eventually taking out the aperture mech. The cause of breakage was obvious to see here, as 2/3 screws were completely loose.

Now I can fiddle the aperture and shutter blades from the rear, and they look like they move how they should although I need to fiddle more with the shutter to make it cock and fire, I've had enough for one day now though so I'll come back to that tomorrow.

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration