Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB67 Mirror Up Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya RB67 Mirror Up Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Drew_godin
Tinkerer
Username: Drew_godin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 11, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I've owned an Rb67 for some time now, but just recently started using mirror up on it (mainly shot during the day handheld). While first experimenting, it seemed to work very well. However, just recently, it has stopped working completely. The shutter works normally even in the mirror up position. I did store the camera with the cable screwed in, and I was thinking it could be damaged in some way. I'm a bit disappointed right now, and any help would be appreciated. The lens is a 90mm f/3,8.

Thanks so much.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 144

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cable may not be retracting far enough to let the claw of the MU lever grab the actuating ring as it flys by before hitting the shutter release. Take the cable out and try it again to see if it grabs properly.

The cable release just pushes the lever down to raise the other end of the MU lever, releasing the claw holding the actuating ring from hitting the shutter's firing tab.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration