Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-10 question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Olympus OM-10 question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Amcalpine
Tinkerer
Username: Amcalpine

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All, I'm new to the forum but it was recommended to me with great praise. I am very mechanically inclined however this is my first tare down of a camera! I have thoroughly enjoyed this camera so far and, it has stopped releasing the mirror. I downloaded the repair manual and fumbled through the top of the camera. Then i tore into the bottom. My question is the trio of gears (curtain, mirror spring charge, and winder cam), forgive my nomenclature, I was too stupid to mark the timing of the gears before I took the center gear out. The manual does not explain how to replace these gears. Does anyone know the correct timing placement of these gears, or how to tell, or a trick, etc????? Thanks for the help in advance, and I am thoroughly enjoying your site!

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 860

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure if this is the right one, but there is a sectored gear in the bottom that's held in by a left-handed screw .... this has a spring attached to it. You need to wind up some tension on this spring so that the gear will snap back to its neutral position once it reaches the gap in the teeth.

Amcalpine
Tinkerer
Username: Amcalpine

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did that, but I don't believe I have the position right. Between cocking the camera and the correct position of the sectored gear. Maybe I'm just not winding it enough.

Olympfix
Tinkerer
Username: Olympfix

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 04:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick is right, ,but it takes a bit of perseverance and practice to get it to the correct position. Don't lose the left hand screw, and remember which hole it came out of

Leesobing
Tinkerer
Username: Leesobing

Post Number: 28

Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 05:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://members.chello.nl/pkagei/OM10/index.html
OM 10 SERvice Manuals

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration