Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Miranda Sensorex - shutter speed dial... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Miranda Sensorex - shutter speed dial not working? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tonto
Tinkerer
Username: Tonto

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

First I'd ask you to excuse me for my (I think) bad English, because I'm from Bulgaria and... Doesn't matter, I hope you understand me :-)

I've bought Miranda Sensorex a few days ago and I've made some photos with it - it's almost working, but I was unable to choose the correct shutter speed. The button (the turning thing, maybe "shutter speed dial"?) turns, and turns, and turns... The light sensor's arrow is moving with it, but there are no positions (for different shutter times) and it really doesn't matter how it's turned - the mechanism is working in a same way.

Anybody seen this problem before? Is it repairable?

Thanks!

Petar Velkov.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 47

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if the outer knurled ring is slightly above the dial itself. It should be flush in order for shutter spd selection to work. In a camera that old, maybe theres a bit of corrosion or dirt holding it up. If thats the case, try a drop of lighter fluid around the edge to see if it will free things up.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration