Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya C33 screw loose Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya C33 screw loose « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sucka74
Tinkerer
Username: Sucka74

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have lost the screw that fixes the winding arm to the body of my Mamiya C33. Does anyone know where I can get a spare??

Thanks,
Danny

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 560

Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The simple answer would be 'from a parts camera'; however, from the tone of your request I can see that you are obviously a 'user', not a 'tinkerer'. The tinkerer will find a suitable sized screw in the vast horde of 'useful' bits under the bench, if lacking an actual source of spares.

As the above is absolutely no help to you, I suggest the following course of action for starters. Being London based, you should look in Yellow Pages for well established camera repair/restoration firms who deal in older models - the AP usually lists some - contact the most likely and ask if they have what you require. Many of these firms have vast stocks of cameras they use for spares; however, screws and body parts tend not to be required that often. I have found these firms very willing to sell or even donate parts such as these.

If you do not find a screw from the above source and you do not want to purchase a 'parts' camera, I suggest looking for something suitable on scrap Japanese electronic equipment. Old VCR kit is an excellent source of screws and allied fasteners.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 54

Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I may have one.......send me your e-mail address and I will try to find one in my vast array of parts cameras (wish me luck going thru about 6000 cameras)!! Art www.flcamerarepair.com

Sucka74
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bossman,

That would be amazing!! My email address is sucka74@gmail.com

Thanks and good luck with the hunt..

Danny

Sucka74
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the pointers Glenn. Hopefully Bossman will come through for me... Danny

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration