Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X300s top plate removal? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Minolta X300s top plate removal? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone know how?

This is the one with the shutter speed dial and part of the wind-on lever covered over. Looks like this cover needs to be removed first but not sure.

TIA

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 98

Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 02:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think to remember that the shutter speed dial assembly is screwed to the top cover from underneath. There is a repair manual (free) here:
http://www.geocities.com/eskoufos/fmm.html

If there is a way to remove the shutter speed dial cover without removing the top I would be glad to hear how to do that.
regards
Martin

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 21

Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera I have is a bit different to the one in that manual. I think it may be the difference between an X300 and a X300s. Mine has a cover plate that extends out over the wind-on lever which the manual doesn't seem to show. I'm sure the wind-on lever will have to come off before I can lift the lid but that means removing this small cover plate that has no obvious signs of how to remove it (and it's plastic so I'm bound to damage it if I try something inappropriate).

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 100

Posted on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 04:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should be able to carefully remove the fingerrest above the wind lever. I mean the small rubber like piece with ribs. I just lifted one edge (front one) on mine and underneath there is something that looks like a screw to me. So the small part above the wind lever should come off seperately.

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 101

Posted on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also have a look at the exploded view in the service manual [page 7 of the manual, 12th page of the pdf, external parts (completion)] right in the middle, part 1356 is the glued fingerrest, below a screw holding the top (1358).

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 102

Posted on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 04:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, forget all the above - my fault - the x-300s is different here. Looks like I need to go back to school to practice my reading.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration