Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 SP meter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Olympus 35 SP meter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sauli_särkkä
Tinkerer
Username: Sauli_särkkä

Post Number: 40

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today I got an Olympus 35 SP that was fairly dirty on the outside (as well as inside, to some extent).

Here's a few snaps of the insides for reference.

View of the electronics, 1

Black wire -> blue wire..? Normal?

Front, aperture catch, top of needle housing, 1

Now, I did get the meter needle to function intermittently. It seems that the camera needs a nudge in some random direction for things to start working, but I'd like to solve the problem a little better. I think the problem lies between battery casing and the meter cell housing.

I've measured voltages at the CdS cell housing (second picture, the cell is where three wires seem to leave, the wires being black, yellow and green) with varying amounts of light, at the main circuit board, etc., and when the meter needle shows no signs, of life, I get no voltage at the meter cell housing. Is there anything besides a single wire between the battery holder and the CdS cell within the camera?

Oh, the spot meter's method of function is pretty easy to guesstimate from this picture:

Meter cell, lifted up

-Sale

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration