Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contaflex Super B Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Contaflex Super B « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kolari
Tinkerer
Username: Kolari

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone had written earlier about focusing problems with Contaflex Super B. Despite how well focused the camera is the pictures are out of focus when prited. I had same problems with mine and I took it for repairs. I was told that there is a plastic ring which is swollen and is breaking in pieces. I bought a second body for spare parts, but it had the same problem. Does anyone know if spare parts are still available for this camera? The person who is repaingig the camera promised to try find a spare part number for that broken plastic ring. Is anyone making parts for old cameras???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 03:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any idea what this 'plastic ring' is or where in the camera it is. If the 'B' is anything like the Super, then I don't recall anything like it. It seems very unlikely to be the cause of a focus problem. Is your repairer experienced with Contaflexes?

If there's a difference between the focus on the screen and the the film, then the likely problem is the mirror or screen out of adjustment. On the Super there's a screw to adjust the mirror position accessible when the back's removed. Maybe on yours it's been moved. The screen is adjusted using spacers and would only be out of adjustment if someone has dismantled the camera and not reassembled it correctly.

I do have some parts for a Super available (not the B version but maybe some are the same). If you can id the part better I'll see if I have anything. PM me if you want.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration