Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon em help with light meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon em help with light meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

N1kon
Tinkerer
Username: N1kon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm looking for some help with a nikon em light meter, the light meter doesn't move at all its just stuck up at the top where it goes when its not in use. the camera works perfectly though so it seems that the light meter is actually working but it just won't display it in the viewfinder, i've tried new batteries but that hasn't worked and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on how to maybe solve this. if it involves opening the camera or whatever i'm willing to give it a try as i'm fairly mechanically minded. i would like to try and fix this rather than get a new camera, Thanks in Advance

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 83

Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 03:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tested the battery by pressing the blue button on top? Also the frame counter must be on No1 or higher for the meter to come on.

N1kon
Tinkerer
Username: N1kon

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes i've checked the battery with the button on top and it lights up and i made sure the counter is past 1, also when you press the shutter button half way it beeps like it normally would

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 72

Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Note that the meter readout operates independently of the exposure control mechanism. It is there just to tell you what speed has been set. It would probably be cheaper to buy a replacement EM body ($50 on eBay) than to repair or replace the faulty meter component.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration