Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya C33 lens locking/unlocking Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya C33 lens locking/unlocking « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 60

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just purchased a Mamiya C33 TLR that seems to be in good working order except that the Unlock/Lock knob spins around freely. Obviously something is broken inside the side cover, this is preventing the flap inside the body from moving up and closing off the lens mounting.

I have tried to peel off the black plastic from the side cover plate but it seems very difficult to lift off. Once this is off I should find some screws that will allow the cover plate to be removed and see what has broken inside.

Has anybody had this fault and could advise me what to do? Should I use a hair drier on the covering or perhaps lighter fluid to get it off. I did find a website that shows how to remove the side cover on the wind lever side but this is of no help!!!

Thanks for any help - Alf

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 57

Posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lighter fluid is the better option I find anyhow. When you get the side off and you need a part, send me an e-mail because I have a couple bodies for parts (camera that is!!) Art flcamerarepair.com

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 61

Posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Art,
Thanks for the offer but I've managed to fix it. The side cover fabric was stuck down with some really strong adhesive and I foud that lighter fuel was useless, so I used a hairdryer to gently warm it up and a sharp craft knife to remove the fabric. When I finally got the side cover off I found a gear and a pivot screw loose inside so it only took a couple of minutes to position the gear and tighten the screw. I replaced the fabric using a PVC type glue so it should be easier to remove next time.

The camera came with the 180mm lens and the filter threads are in a bad way as the wall thickness is so thin, so next job is to try and hammer out the dents!

Thanks again - Alf

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration