Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Oly Infinity Stylus Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Oly Infinity Stylus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Casual_collector
Tinkerer
Username: Casual_collector

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 22, 2009 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one of these with a lot of dirt in the finder and behind the AF lenses. I would like some tips on where to start and what I'll find.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 884

Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure where to start. What I think you'll find is a lot of hidden snap-fit hooks holding plastic parts together, followed by wave-soldered flexible printed circuits and perhaps some plastic gears and levers and the occasional loose hair spring.

oh, yeah: and in there somewhere, a butt-kicker of a little charged capacitor to fire the flash. Be sure to discharge that little bugger before you go poking your fingers around it.

Casual_collector
Tinkerer
Username: Casual_collector

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick. With impatience comes bravery?! Here's what I found. Open the back, four screws, one at each corner. Three different sizes so lay them out in order. Open battery door and pull back shell off as an assembly. As you do this the film door latch and its surround will fall off. Front shell pulls off straight forward but attached to main body by flex circuit to shutter release button. LCD display slides out and back into place easily. Flexible printed circuit with surface mount devices covers front face of main body.

This sucker was filled with brown, powdery residue! Blower brush and toothbrush cleaned most of it out. Flash and finder windows were cleaned with a swab and isopropyl. Autofocus and eyepiece lenses are held with rubber cement and were removed, cleaned and replaced. I couldn't get further into the finder to do a full cleaning. Still some spots in the finder. It looks like some of the spots have legs! I think the thing had fleas!! I replaced some foam gasket. I put a battery in and everything seem to work 'cept the self timer. ready for testing with film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration