Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vitoret LR Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Voigtlander Vitoret LR « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fidel100r
Tinkerer
Username: Fidel100r

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Voigtlander Vitoret LR that needs a CLA of the shutter leafs and objective lenses. I have tried to disassemble it but haven't succeeded because I have no idea of how to remove the flash-sync plug at the front of the camera.

Here you have a seb site with photos of this camera:
http://www.marriottcameras.co.uk/vito_cameras/vitoretlr.htm

Any help about the way to remove this camera will be very welcome.

Thanks,

Fidel.

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 40

Posted on Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fidel, I don't think you need to remove that plug in order to clean the shutter blades.

I think you just need to remove the lens glass (both from the front and also behind the shutter).

Fidel100r
Tinkerer
Username: Fidel100r

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scott, It seems that I have to remove the leatheret in order to get access to the back elements of the lens. As you can see in this link (http://watersmurf.homelinux.com/photo/voigtlander/vitoretd.html) it is not difficult as lons as you can get the plug removed.

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 41

Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 01:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have a Vitorette, so I dodn't know for sure.

But if you have a lens spanner (a special adjustable wrench for removing lens elements), then you can usually remove the rear lens elements without disassembling the camera.

If you don't have a lens spanner (or if the lens elements does not have two notches in the metal casing), then taking the camera apart may be the only way. Sometimes there is simply no room to use a spanner.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration