Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AF35M Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon AF35M « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gbrad
Tinkerer
Username: Gbrad

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got a Canon AF35M from eBay. Came with a roll of film and a 2X screw on auxiliary lens that was cross thread. Had a hard time getting it off and I now wonder if I damaged something. When I compose a shot and push the button half way down to focus should I hear something or see the lens move? I know that when I get the roll of film developed I'll know if the focus works but hate to waste film. I really like the camera and hope its okay.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 69

Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The AF35M doesn't have a focus lock when you push the button halfway -- you have to push the button all the way. To lock your focus, first push the lever on the front of the camera (the self-timer/focus lock) all the way down. Then place your subject in the middle of the viewfinder, and push the shutter button all the way down. This locks the focus and starts the self-timer. Now quickly recompose, and push the shutter button all the way down once more before the 10 seconds are up. This will work the shutter.

You can see when the camera has locked its focus, by watching the little needle in the viewfinder.

Gbrad
Tinkerer
Username: Gbrad

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info Donnie. I have now downloaded a manual for this camera and understand. I look forward to seeing some shots from it. Will examine the light seals the 1st time I open it. Hope that would be the most maintenance I do to it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration