Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Edixa Reflex camera - lever jammed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Edixa Reflex camera - lever jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberttdi
Tinkerer
Username: Roberttdi

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I'm new to this forum but it looks fantastic!
I have an Edixa Reflex SLR camera, I just finished a film and the 'film transportation lever' as it is refered to in the manual has got stuck open, almost the whole way round but jammed just before.
I have taken the film out but it's still stuck.
Anyone know what I should do?
Thanks in advance :-)

Steve_s
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_s

Post Number: 161

Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 01:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As a first step I'd try just applying gentle pressure to the lever while playing around with the rewind button, and the sprocket-spindle and film take-up drive in the film chamber to see if anything frees up, but probably you have already done this. Whatever you do, though, don't apply a lot of force to the lever in either direction.

I take it the mechanism is jammed with the shutter partly cocked. Assuming the basic mechanism is the same as my Edixa-flex you should be able to complete the cocking process by turning the speed setting knob clockwise, and fire the shutter. Possibly this might free it up, but again, don't force anything.

If all else fails there may be nothing for it but to take the top cover off. This was fairly easy on the Edixa-flex, but I don't know whether the same applies to the 'Reflex'.

Roberttdi
Tinkerer
Username: Roberttdi

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 06:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, in the end I managed to fix it by forcing the shutter speed dial up (the bit on top that lifts) which I noticed was also jammed and everything freed up. Thanks for the help!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration