Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 24 Loose Focus Ring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica 24 Loose Focus Ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alext
Tinkerer
Username: Alext

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi hi!

I have a Yashica 24 I bought in a broken state on Ebay. The shutter didn't work and with a bit of help from this forum and other sources I learnt to clean it, and now it’s working fine.

Until recently the focus knob was smooth and and direct and worked fine. All of a sudden, for some reason the focus knob has become loose. It functions, but theres a sort of ‘dead zone’ which you have to work through for it to adjust the focus. I’m not sure what happened, but I suppose it might just be a loose nut somewhere.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause, and what might be involved to repair it?

Thanks!

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 60

Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't picture the Yashica 24 focus knob right now and I'm too tired to dig through all my camera boxes but you somehow have to remove the cap (black plastic I believe) on the knob and you'll find a nut under the cap which will be lose. It must be positioned correctly however by setting camera to inf. and tightening the knob at the inf. mark without allowing camera to change focus!! More info? Art. wwwflcamerarepair.com

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 153

Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bossman, if it's like my late '64 Yashica EM, that seems correct, but my black plastic cap has holes for a spanner wrench.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration