Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Repairing Rapid Rewind Lever On K1000 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Repairing Rapid Rewind Lever On K1000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Coolio49085
Tinkerer
Username: Coolio49085

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, I'd like to say hi. I just found this forum and it's nice to see that people like to keep the older equipment alive.

Anyway, my girlfriend's mother used to be a photography major way back when and she gave my girlfriend her K1000. We were going to take some shots the other day. So, we bought film and tried to load it, but the rapid rewind lever seemed to jam and wouldn't go farther than about 30 degrees or so. Now, I'm not a photographer by trade, but I am handy with machinery so I set about to fix it. I took the bottom of the body off and everything appeared to be in working order (with the exception of the rewind button sticking), but the gears that were connected to the sprocket and the film take-up spool were only moving about one tooth or so.
I started to take off the cover for the exposure counter and then tried to get the one screw off that holds down the exposure gage, but with no avail. I eventually got frustrated and just jerked the rapid rewind lever and it broke loose. But, now it clocks very loosely and I'm pretty sure it's officially broken.

So, what I'm asking is: has anybody ran into this problem of fixed it? And, how would I go about fixing it?

Thanks a lot,
Jarod

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 64

Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe if you tell me what you mean by a "rapid rewind" is on a K-1000 I can help you.............I have a box of old K-1000s for parts! www.flcamerarepair.com

Coolio49085
Tinkerer
Username: Coolio49085

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 02:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, I meant to type Rapid-wind lever. According to the K1000 manual, it's the lever on the right side when looking at the back of the camera used to advance the film.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 66

Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, but I think you broke the advance mech. but I have no idea what. You'll just have to do what I would do: go into it and see waht broke!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration