Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Tourist Lens Removal and Cleaning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Kodak Tourist Lens Removal and Cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Artdog
Tinkerer
Username: Artdog

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a sweet little Kodak Tourist with the Anaston 105mm F6.3 lens. The shutter is the Kodak Flash Diomatic and the fastest speed is 1/100, so it's not the problematic 1/800, I found referenced in the archives.

The lens needs to be cleaned on the inside and I'm not sure how to safely take it apart. The rear element at the base of the bellows has a knurled edge which suggests it can be removed by hand. I can't get it to budge. I've tried CCW, but wonder if it should go CW.

I greatly appreciate your help, so I can take this little treasure out shooting. I realize it's built for 620, but I don't mind respooling.

artdog

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 75

Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 03:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'Day Artdog,
Easiest way to go is remove the shutter and lens from the camera. The Tourists have a tab at the top of the camera, recessed into the front standard. Push that tab clear and rotate the whole shutter assy anticlockwise. It will fall out in your hand.
The rear element is a friction fit as you say. You need to press it down onto a rubber surface for grip and then turn. It is a RH thread. I have a gum rubber cone that is very effective, but try a piece of inner tube, chair leg rubber etc etc.
Normally the rear element is the easiest one.

Cheers
Greg

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 44

Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Then you will need to get into the front. The front focusing element will unscrew from the fixed element. There's probably an infinity stop you need to remove.

The element behind that can be the HARD one. You may need to buy or make a ring wrench. It has to come off to remove the front of the shutter.

On my Vigilant Six-60, I finally cut a pair of notches in the ring for that element with a jeweler's saw, and then applied my spanner wrench to the notches.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration