Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3n Meter Repair / Replacement? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Konica T3n Meter Repair / Replacement? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Notjustsomeone
Tinkerer
Username: Notjustsomeone

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a Konica T3n as a backup for the one I use now, but one of the wires connected to the battery compartment came off. After fixing that one the wires broke off the little board around the prism. While attempting to fix that I pretty much destroyed that little board because my soldering iron is too big to use on such delicate electronics. My question is how to go about replacing that? Obviously if replacing it is feasible I'm going to buy the appropriate equipment to do so. Does the T3 have the same electronics as the T3n, and if so would the A3 as well? I've never had problems fixing the mechanical parts of these cameras but when it comes to electronic elements I'm all thumbs so any advice is welcome.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 103

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 03:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off, get a decent soldering iron! The circuit board on top of the prism doesn't contain any sensitive 'electronics', only 2 (sometimes 3) adjustable resistors and some fixed-value resistors, so it should be possible to restore once the copper tracks are clear of excess solder.
The good news is that the circuit board is the same in the T3, T3N, and A3, BUT the component values will be different because the meter (galvanometer) and the CdS cells were matched up in the factory. If you look closely you will see the same number written on the prism board as on the meter board.
My guess is that you had problems resoldering the black battery wire? If the battery has leaked this wire tends to corrode along its whole length, and will not take fresh solder. You will have to pull the front panel to replace it. The red wire is usually OK.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration