Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Minister III rangefinder cali... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica Minister III rangefinder calibration « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robbrooks
Tinkerer
Username: Robbrooks

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all.

I was given a Yashica Minister III by my grandfather as it had a stuck shutter.
at some-time in the past sonone has had it apart to try and fix the shutter and has subsequently bent one of the levers as part of the RF mechanism.

this leads to the the RF being out of calibration with the distance markers on the lens barrel.

I have since returned the shutter to working condition and "straightened" the lever to what "appears" to be correct.
however, the RF is still a little out as compared with the lens barell. (shots focused with reference to lens barrel are focused correctly, as compared with shots focused with reference to RF.)

I've read some threads here that relate to later model yashica RF's and calibration, but i'm struggling to find as much info on the one i have.

any help in sorting thie issue would be greatly appreciated as she still takes a great image 40 years after being built..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 74

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robbrooks: It's been a while since I've seen a Minister (don't mean that kind, Lord) but should not be much different than any other Yashica 35RF camera. Locate the RF adjustment screw either inside the film chamber upper area above the film track or possible under the spring/plate that covers the assessory shoe. If it's the latter, there will be a trap door under the cover to make a range adjustment. Set camera to inf. and adj RF so that the two images merge into one (assuming that the camera is taking sharp pics using the lens settings as you stated.)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration