Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya C330 Lens Hood Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Mamiya C330 Lens Hood « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephenl
Tinkerer
Username: Stephenl

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an old, functioning Mamiya C330 Twin Lens Reflex camera that needs a lens hood. Does anyone know someplace where I an pick one up?

My Mamiya C330 has the focus screen but the lens hood is missing and most likely also has a magnifying lens in it to help with Focus.

Hard to use a Twin Lens Reflex camera with no Lens hood.

Chiccolini
Tinkerer
Username: Chiccolini

Post Number: 37

Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You mean a waist level finder?

Those Mamiyas used either the standard waist level finder, an eye level prism or a porroprism finder.

They are available on eBay or other used photo shops like Keh or Midwest Photo Eq. Exch.

Stephenl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 15

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I think the manual for the Mamiya called it a hood. But it's the one that you typically see folks using at waist height.

I've searched under Mamiya c330 at both KEH and eBay and come up with nothing but maybe I should be using the term "waist finder"?

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 62

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Be warned that the focusing hoods fitted to the earlier Mamiya models such as the C3 will not fit your C330 as the strap lugs are in a different position. You may find one at a camera fair.

It may be that the camera was dropped at some time and the hood was broken, so check the camera carefully for damage.

Nice camera - Alf

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 943

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you go searching for it, look for "Finder Hood". "Lens Hood" will more likely turn up the slip-on shades that go on the front of the taking lens.

Stephenl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 16

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not going to use this camera that much so for now I'll make a cardboard hood (tonight) that will allow me to use the thing in bright light, spray paint it black. I might even pick up a small magnifying lens from a dollar store and mount it on the inside to aid with focus.

I've put out emails, questions, feelers, will see what shows up and make something tonight that I can go out and use tomorrow.

Without the pop up magnification lens, sharp focus will be difficult...but a dollar store may provide a tiny magnifying lens, something cheap but workable for the cheap cardboard hood until I find the real thing.

Stephenl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 17

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Turns out at the end of the old manual there is a listing of various alternate hoods that will fit the camera. I have located three, two which are affordable. So I'll see if I can nail one of them down.

Stephenl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 18

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cardboard Hood worked out for the focus screen. also standing in shade when available also made the screen appear much brighter.

KEH wrote back, they have a part for me so I ordered one from them.

Looking forward to getting that film back and seeing how this old Mamiya C330 did. I'm swearing off buying any additional twin lens. Two is enough. A Yashica 635 and now a Mamiya C330. My next camera will be a new digital SLR. Something I don't own yet.

Loved going out and shooting today with my old Minolta X-700 and a full kit full of lens's and filters. Had a great time with the wife hiking at a state park shooting rocky New England streams, trees, fields, etc.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 64

Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 05:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want to see all the different finders made for this look at the system manual located as download at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya.htm

Mamiya C system is the download name you need.

Jmtgreen29
Tinkerer
Username: Jmtgreen29

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

any chance for a new billow I live in N.J. and several years ago took it to a repair place in philly called camera care he is now out of business
he said the billows have holes in them and they are not repairable....is this totally true??? thanks for any help....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration