Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-1 timer lever Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Olympus OM-1 timer lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Camerafixer
Tinkerer
Username: Camerafixer

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi-how do you remove the timer lever from an OM-1 ? The Om-1 CameraCraftman file says "you can either remove the cemented decorator plate or turn the decorator plate until its holes align with the holes in the retaining screw "; I was able to turn the decorative plate about 2 turns but it does not come off.
Would appreciate any help.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 941

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The decorator plate is just a thin piece of aluminum glued onto the screw head. Once you have either removed this plate or aligned its holes with those in the screw head underneath, you use a pin spanner to unscrew it. Note also that this screw has a LEFT HAND thread - you turn it clockwise to remove it.

Camerafixer
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick- thanks for letting me know the screw has LEFT HANDED threading. I was tightening it !!
No wonder it wasn't coming off. Now it's off.
Thank you.

Olympfix
Tinkerer
Username: Olympfix

Post Number: 12

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One other trick-- if the timer runs down the whole way because the activating lever is in the "on" position, you won't be able to get the lever back on. You will have to use a screw driver or similar tool to reach in and wind the lever back by backing it off the stop. Otherwise there won't be a gap for the protruding lug to fit into .

Camerafixer
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Olympfix- didn't see your post until today.
You are absolutely right; I cannot put back the timer lever. I'll try your suggestion.
Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration