Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Minolta SRT 101 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 53

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up one in excellent condition at the local Goodwill Store for less than $6.00 w/F2 Minolta lens. I'm attempting to recalibrate the meter to take 1.5V batteries comparing it with my MC II SRT with a F1.2 Minolta lens. The F2 lens on the 101 reads much lower than the F1.2 lens under the same light conditions, almost
1 1/2 F stops. In adjusting the reostat under the bottom plate, I can't seem to match the reading the 1.2 gives. Is this normal because of the abundance of light the 1.2 lets in, and should I leave the 101 with a Zinc 1.4V battery instead of a 1.5V?

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 63

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Set your F1.2 lens to F2 and stop it down. Then compare it against your F2 lens. See if that makes it equal.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 89

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's my solution............I like simple solutions (maybe that speaks to my mental capacity!!): Take your original SRT and assuming that you know it is correct exposure-wise, find some light source in your house, preferrably a difused one like a lamp with shade; take a reading with your orig. SRT and then using the same settings, check that light source with the new SRT...........if off, set it to read the same using the adj. pot! Wallah!!

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 54

Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks guys! Actually, I waited for a nice sunny day, which is becoming rare in Florida, so that I could utilize the "sunny 16" rule, and than compared it with my Praktica with stop down metering, but which is "right on," set it at the reciprical of the film speed 1/250 at F11 on the Praktica,some shade but bright, set the 101 on the same exposure, 1.e., 1/250 at F11, and then checked the meter. The 101 was about one stop under, so I adjusted the pot to match the Praktica, and as you said, "wallah," it appears to be right on now. I then tried the F1.2 on the 101, and it read about 1/2 stop higher [between F11 & F16] on the same light source, which I think is about correct. I'm presently shooting a test roll for results, and the metering looks to be correct. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration