Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fuji ST 601 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Fuji ST 601 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 55

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to remove the top from a ST 601, but I can't see a way to remove the shutter speed dial. Does the top pry off ala Praktica? I don't see any set screws holding it on. I need to check the wires to the battery chamber cause the meter isn't working.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 116

Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The s/s dial stays with the top cover.

Harlee
Tinkerer

Post Number: 56

Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 08:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK! So it's just the screws and rewind that holds the top cover on, and the ss dial comes off with it?

Harlee
Tinkerer

Post Number: 57

Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 08:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yes, thanks for the info. Should the ss dial be set to a specific ss or iso before removing the top so that it fits properly when putting the top back on.

Gez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 117

Posted on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 03:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Set the shutter speed to 'B' and the film speed to the highest setting (asa 3200?)
On reassembly, the pin on the underside of the knob must fit into the semi-circular slot of the speed ring in the body. Also the hole on the underside of the knob accepts the pin visible off center on the ring. Fairly obvious when looking at it.
PS that is from my notes on the ST801, I expect the ST601 to be similar if not identical.

Harlee
Tinkerer

Post Number: 58

Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Gez! I'll give that a try as soon as I can unloosen the cap screw holding down the film advance. I've tried a thin rubber pad to unscrew it, but it's stubborn - but then, so am I!!!

Harlee
Tinkerer

Post Number: 59

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 07:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone tell me if the film advance lever is held down by a cap screw and does the black cover on the cap screw need to be taken off, or does the cap screw simply unscrew? If so, is it right or left hand thread?

Gez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 122

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 06:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe the ST601 is different but I have rechecked the ST701, ST801 and ST901, in all the black decorator screw on the wind arm has a normal right hand thread and unscrews easily with the aid of a friction tool.

You could try placing the tip of a soldering iron on the screw head. The heat may loosen whatever is causing the binding. Protect the surface of the head with some kitchen foil first.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 84

Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't this the model shooters usually use for skeet shooting target practice?

Gez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 124

Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 03:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, that job is reserved for the ST605!
The ST801 and ST901 are the best of that breed and are capable of good results.

Harlee
Tinkerer

Post Number: 67

Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Although I realize that the ST605 isn't a hot item, I've managed to get the meter working in mine after figuring out the battery compartment arrangement. I did eventually get the top off and that's how I figured out the battery arrangement. I just want to see what it'll do with some of my M42 Russian lenses. Thanks for all the input.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration