Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet, film speed setting suddenly ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canonet, film speed setting suddenly weird « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diwolf
Tinkerer
Username: Diwolf

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.

My canonet QL17GIII worked fine. Then the shutter stuck. I removed the back lens and made it working again with some fluid.

Now strange thing happened, and I dont know if its just coincidence.

After I put the rear lens in again and tried the first roll, I realised that exposure was suddenly 1 stop off. If I set 400, it exposes suddenly for 200 which was not before.

Also the film setting ring works only from 25 to 400.

When I change the film speed setting ring from 400 to 800 nothing changes in exposure metering anymore. Shown f-stop stays the same like at 400.

Measuring of the light does still work fine. Means, the needle moves when light changes.

Could anyone give me an advice? Is there some electronics damaged or do I have to disassemble the front lens to repair the film speed setting ring?

Thank you very much, best regards, Dietmar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diwolf
Tinkerer
Username: Diwolf

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.

I disassembled the front lens and took out the film speed setting ring.

There are different copper arms which grip the different asa settings.

Unfortunately, and I cannot imagine how, the largest wire/arm was bent. Strange, as there was no wobbling of the lens etc.

Anyhow, tomorrow I will test more and reassmeble it.

Note: the inner lens of a CanonetQL17GIII is very very hard to loosen!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration