Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Xg-1 Mirror Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Minolta Xg-1 Mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mrsh0724
Tinkerer
Username: Mrsh0724

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just received a Minolta XG-1 and the mirror will not stay locked down. Therefore, when I look through the viewfinder all I see is black. I was wondering if anyone knew if this problem was easy to fix and about how much it might cost. I took it to a camera store and there doesn't seem to be any problems with the springs on the inside.

Any information would be great! Thanks.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 119

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the camera be wound on and the shutter released, or is the mechanism jammed??

Mrsh0724
Tinkerer
Username: Mrsh0724

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure. The batteries died. I am able to press the shutter release without a problem, but I am not sure it is doing anything. There is not film in the camera currently. When we originally looked at it, there did not appear to be any jams according to the local store clerk I spoke with.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 121

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 02:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off load fresh batteries, then open the back and look through, if you can see daylight it indicates the 2nd curtain isn't releasing. In that case the wipers under the shutter speed dial probably need cleaning. Try and get a refund from where you bought it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration