Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflek 6x6 K4A Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Rolleiflek 6x6 K4A « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer
Username: Johnsboys69

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi can some one help I need the mirror out of the hood as it semes to be missing or can some one tell me whear to get one from.
Thanks J D Briscoe

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 950

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some; $30 each. You might find a better price on eBay, check there first.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 951

Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh - wait. the mirrors that i have are the one that goes below the screen, not the one up in the hood.

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 01:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi the one i need is the one in the hood

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 06:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pix of hood mirror

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 74

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never seen a mirror in a Rollei viewing hood, JD.

What "hood mirror" are you talking about Rick?

The top picture shows the hood configured for "sport finder" viewing: Look through the little hole and view through the larger hole. No mirrors... just air to look through. The mirror is in the viewing lens box, below the ground glass screen, as Rick mentioned.

The only other thing in a Rollei hood is a lens for enlarging hte view of the ground glass.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 952

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 03:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In the Automat, there is no "Larger Hole". Instead, there is a mirror that flips back out of the front panel to a 45 degree position in front of the eyepiece, which is not an open hole but a lens. This presents an inverted view of the groundglass to the eyepiece. It's not the sportiest of sports finder arrangements, and Rollei abandoned it for the "look through the holes" type sprots finder that you described somewhere in the late 40s - I guess when the X synch model came out.

I don't have the dimensions of the hood mirror, it would be smaller than the VF mirrors that I have - I don't know if you could cut one down to fit reasonably easily or not.

One guy you might talk to is Don at www.dagcamera.com - he has a lot of old Rollei parts, he might have a mirror or a complete hood available.

***** Just checked - it looks like he DOES have it: 54 x 27 x 46.5mm? Look at the description of the top item here: {http://www.dagcamera.com/early_rolleiflex.htm}

You'll have to email him or call for it, to make sure you get the right piece. His price is only $12.

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi thanks Rick will give it a try. As you say the mirror flips down on a pivit as you push the flap down so you have too eye level finder,s

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 80

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or you can cut your own from a polished metal mirror like the ones used in survival kits if you are not an unbearable perfectionist (like me).

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 953

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh yeah, i forgot that they kept the mirror feature after they added the peep-thru finder. and i have 2 of these sitting on the shelf across the room from me. not very attentive sometimes...

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 75

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, thanks for the education, Rick. Learning new stuff keeps me humble. I must not be very attentive either!

I should have used my google skills before typing:

http://www.cosmonet.org/camera/rollei_e.htm

I get it now.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration