Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 spn vertical rangefinder a... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Olympus 35 spn vertical rangefinder adjust « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beba
Tinkerer
Username: Beba

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I've tried searching the internet using key words from topic subject but can't seem to find anything.
I've got beautiful oly 35 spn (missing only black thing on rewind knob - BTW any idea how to replace it?) but can't find the way to align it vertically. I've managed to find infinity screw in film compartment and that did part of the job. Opening the top cover did not reveal any screws on little diagonal mirror like on some other cameras.

Any ideas what to do?
Thanks

Rffan
Tinkerer
Username: Rffan

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have only been able to do a horizontal adjustment. There are two screws accessed through the bottom of the mirror well. The one closer to the mirror adjusts the horizontal angle. From my research I have found out that there is no way to do a vertical adjustment and that it is caused by wearing down of the metal however I will continue my research.
I am currently trying to find out how to dissasemble the front lens to give it a good cleaning from the inside.

Rffan
Tinkerer
Username: Rffan

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thers's also a way to adjust without removing the top cover. Open the film compartment door and remove the small brass cover screw above the lens opening (located below the "batt. check"). Insert a small screwdriver into hole and engage the screw. Set focus ring to infinity and while looking through range finder at distant object, turn screw until rangefinder is alighned. Again, this is only for horizontal adjustment, no remedy for vertical alignment found yet.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration