Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C3 question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Argus C3 question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 125

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Argus C3 which I got a few weeks ago is missing it's shutter cocking lever. Does anyone know the thread (left handed) dimension of the cocking lever shaft so that I could find something as a workaround replacement as a lever is difficult to find here (Austria). Is the thread metric or not? Any idea is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Martin

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 961

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you'd have much better luck begging on this forum for a replacement cocking lever... you'll never find anything with that left hand thread on it, but over on this side of the pond there must be buckets overflowing with C3 parts. Unfortunately, I don't happen to have a spare cocking lever myself at present or it would be on its way to you already.

(PS: there's also a matching hex jam nut that goes with it so you can adjust the lever's position. If the camera is prewar (uncoated lens), the lever has a set screw instead of the jam nut.)

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 126

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick,
thanks a lot for your reply. The counter nut is still there. I posted in the Swap section earlier but was not lucky so I thought finding some kind of wingnut (butterfly nut) with the right left hand thread could do as a replacement.
An original cocking lever would be much better, of course.
So if anyone has a C3 cocking lever please let me know. I can use Paypal to cover expenses.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 103

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What type C3 is it? The modern one with the chrome plated flat cocking lever, the black one or the one with the round base and grid tab?

I have about a dozen of these cameras. I plan to chop up at least one for experimentation parts.

Take a look at http://arguscg.tripod.com/id11.html and tell me which one is your C3.

Does yours have a coated lens? How many speeds are on the dial? It is black, not the MatchMatic black/tan?

And for others who may have an interest: I have a case for sale/trade for the C3 Golden Shield camera.

Msiegel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 127

Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I don't think it already had the flat cocking lever but either the silver or the black one with the round base and one "wing".
It has the coated lens, 7 shutter speeds (10-20-30-50-100-200-300) on the dial, a 3 parted back with dial marked "ASA-Speed", ARGUS name plate below the cocking lever, flash connector but no accessories shoes, serial no. (803785)is stamped upside down inside the body.
So if you have an unneeded lever I'd be grateful because I would really like to use my C3.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration