Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Tempor shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Tempor shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 89

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Apparently I was a bit ahead of myself in my previous post. I took apart a Tempor shutter that was jammed and squirted a bot of lighter fluid on it. Well, it unjammed in a hurry and a few parts jumped out of the shutter. I've figured out where all but one spring goes and for the life of me I can't figure out where that should go. The spring on the right is the spring in question: Tempor spring

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 90

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and this is the shutter: Tempor shutter

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 91

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know whether it goes under the shutter release or the pawl? The Tempor is a simplified version of the Prontor-s, but it has been simplified to the point that the tutorials on repairing Prontor-s shutters don't look anything much like it and are not of much use to me.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 92

Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I figured out where it goes. It goes on the post to the left of the shutter release and the pawl, under another part. It is giving me fits though. As I type this, it occurrs to me that a bit of thread, looped around it, might allow me to fish the end out where I can hook it on though.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 93

Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The thread trick worked. The shutter turned out to be unrepairable though. Apparently Tempors are made of cheap stamped sheet metal and when I received it, the left hand pawl, which catches the cocking ring when it has been fired, had been lodged under the cocking ring a long time. People trying to force it to work had ground off enough metal that it wouldn't engage with the shutter release anymore. The thin metal either slipped under the lever that engages it or rode up over it if I tried to bend it up a little to prevent it slipping under that lever. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration