Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Medis Rangefinder Attachment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Medis Rangefinder Attachment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nitsua321
Tinkerer
Username: Nitsua321

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone please advise me how to adjust a Medis rangefinder attachment to give an accurate reading?

Eileen

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 104

Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 04:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Generic adjustment advice: look for an access hole and remove the cover. If no access hole then remove the outer housing. There are usually two screw adjustments for these type RFs. One for up/down and one for left/right. The up/down screw gets the double imposed images aligned so one is not higher/lower than the other. The other adjustment varies the accuracy. Pick a near object and a far object. Adjust until the dial agrees with the actual distance (measured by tape measure). That job is not always easy. I have two RFs that don't want to be accurate. This advice applies to the more common mirror type. I guess the prism type is similar.

Nitsua321
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 02:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for your advice, but not being technically minded, was hoping the rangefinder could be adjusted with the small screw on top of the measurement wheel. Is it necessary to remove the outer housing to do the adustment?

Eileen

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 112

Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, the little knob with the circle on the dial is what you need to move to adjust it. I saw a pic. of this so now I know it is the same as mine but with a different name.

Nitsua321
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Tom. Sorry I have not been before to thank you for all your help, but have been away on holiday and have only just returned.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration